Working For You
The Clarksdale/Coahoma County Chamber of Commerce is basically the voice of business and industry in this area, working for improvements in education, government services, infrastructure, recreation, highways, health care, agriculture, employment, legislation, and much more. The Chamber, in conjunction with the Industrial Foundation, actively seeks new industries and expansions of existing industries to promote additional employment for area residents. Furthermore, the Chamber markets our area to prospective businesses through personal visits, advertising, and exhibits.
How We Work
The Chamber could not function without people--people working together to make the Clarksdale/ Coahoma County area a better place in which to live, earn a living, and enjoy an excellent quality of life.
• Chamber members represent business and professional men and women and other citizens who collectively engage in promoting the welfare of our community and area.
• The Chamber of Commerce is a democratic organization, operating according to a written set of bylaws.
• The Chamber is a voluntary organization composed of members who contribute personal and financial support because they choose to do so.
• The Chamber has two major functions: (1) it acts as a spokesman for the business and professional community and puts into action the group thinking of its members; and (2) it renders specific services to its members and to the community as a whole.
• You, your employees, associates, and neighbors are encouraged to make the most of your membership by getting involved as volunteers with any of the Chamber's various committees and special projects. Your input is valuable.
Projects & Events
• Friday at the Stage - this series of outdoor musical concerts in the spring is free and open to the public
• Delta Jubilee - this community festival features various events, including arts and crafts, carnival, live music, sporting competitions, cooking contests, children's events, and more
• Crossroads Half-Marathon - this new event will make its debut November 14, 2009
• Holiday Festival Parade - this parade winds through the streets of downtown Clarksdale in celebration of the Christmas holiday and includes a fabulous fireworks display
• Clarksdale Walk of Fame - these bronze plaques installed throughout downtown Clarksdale recognize local notable figures of national and international acclaim who made some significant impact on our community